Okay, so. The past week and a half or so has been so dang crazy! Preston got here on Saturday (the 16th). I packed pretty much everything we owned on Monday and Tuesday, we kinda just slacked off on Wednesday, said goodbye to friends, and then picked up the Uhaul and did massive cleaning of the apartment on Thursday. It was ridiculous, we didn’t go to bed until almost 3am that night. But at least the apartment got all clean. We were all kinda grumpy and exhausted at that point though.

Anyway, we got up bright and early on Friday, despite only having roughly 4 hours of sleep total. I returned the Rug Doctor thing, and we did some last-minute detailing on the apartment before turning our keys in. We waved goodbye to the old place and went off to Bobby’s parents’ place to pick up the Uhaul and a few things from them. We said goodbye to them, which was kinda sad….I almost cried. They’re really good in-laws. But they plan to move to Omaha in a few years as well, once they finish paying off their house. So it’s okay. Afterwards, we went to the Uhaul place to get the trailer for the car. By this time, it was about 12:30pm. However, we ran into a few problems once we got to the Uhaul place. The trailer that we had rented was too low for Bobby’s Honda (since he had lowered it about an inch and a half and put on a new big exhaust system), so we had to go to a different location to get a different trailer. Come to find out, it was also just a bit too low for that trailer, so we had to kinda force it on there. We finally got it all set up and ready to go, but we didn’t leave town until it was almost 3pm.

So we drove to North Platte, NE, which is about halfway between Colorado Springs and Omaha. We arrived a little after 10pm, so we weren’t able to go see Expendables 3 with Brodie and Preston, but we ended up going to Applebees instead, and then spent the night in another friend’s house. We listened to a bunch of metal, and they introduced me to the band Underoath, which was pretty boss. Brodie and I got into a slap/tickle fight, which was hilarious because both of us are touchy-feely types, and neither of us had played like that in YEARS, so it was really fun and nice to just be able to mess around like that without it being weird or anything.

So anyway, we left North Platte bright and early Saturday morning, and stopped at Preston’s Aunt and Uncle’s house in Cozad for lunch. And by “stopped”, I mean we ended up staying there for almost 3 hours. But they seemed really nice. Preston’s Aunt especially took a liking to me and showed me around their whole house. I guess she doesn’t get female visitors often, and wanted to show her remodeling work to another woman who would understand how important the state of her house was to her. Lol.

Anyway, we left Cozad and, except for a stop in Kearney for snacks, drove straight through to Omaha. We listened to a ton of metal and alternative music along the way, and Preston has established that we have the same tastes in music. We did some headbanging to Foo Fighters, Anberlin and 30 Seconds to Mars while Bobby was driving, and have bonded through our similar backgrounds and tastes in almost everything. It’s really nice to finally feel like I’m actually connecting on a deeper level to my friends, not just keeping things on the surface. I haven’t felt this connected to anyone in over 2 years. Lesson being: I need more metalhead friends, because they’re more real towards me. XD

We arrived at my mom’s place around 4:30pm on Saturday and unloaded the Uhaul. My siblings and I were being all crazy and weird (which I’m pretty sure freaked Preston out a little bit, lol) and then we watched a movie and didn’t go to bed until about 1am. Sunday morning, we slept in for the first time in FOREVER, and then went with my family to the zoo! It was the first time Bobby had ever been to the Henry Doorly zoo, and he thought it was awesome (as he should). Afterwards, the two of us went to Mahoney because Sunday was our 1 year wedding anniversary. We ate at the lodge, and camped out in a tent and had a fire and everything. The next morning, we went to the observation tower, had breakfast at the lodge, and went walking down by the marina and the park. We’ve established that we both really love Mahoney, so we got a yearly park pass. He wants to go back for his bithday, but stay in a lodge room and take me fishing and everything, which I’m super excited about.

Anyway, so then we dropped by my mold Hy-Vee for groceries, and it’s exactly like it used to be! Different people, but the store is just as nice as I remember it, and it still smells like ham. I’m really happy about that. XD Once we finished getting groceries, we went home and grilled out and had a campfire, which was really nice. We talked with my family and spent time with them and everything. My mom is still pushy and stubborn, and my siblings still have attitudes and are a bit lazy, but you know what? I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love my imperfect, irritating, obnoxious, exuberant family. I feel more alive now than I have in years and years.

Anyway, so today has mostly just been lazy. We’re making plans to hang out with friends tonight and tomorrow, and I’ve been applying for jobs everywhere and learning about school stuff. ALSO ALSO ASLO, I just applied at Starbucks about 2 hours ago, and got a call back for an interview ALREADY!!!! WOOOOO!!! BOOYAH!!!


So anyway…how have you guys been? 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s